Biography, Career, Success, Net Worth
Jerome Jarre is a 27-year-old social media star who is also famous as a comedian, entrepreneur, and humanitarian. He is one of the most active users of social media platforms including Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and Youtube, having currently an estimated combined following of over 15 million. His current net worth is over $3 million.
Jerome Jarre: Background
- Jerome Jarre was born on June 12, 1990, in Albertville, France, and was brought up by his single mother, Agnes Jarre. Contrary to his current persona, he was always shy and reserved. After his schooling, he was admitted at the Kedge Business School, Paris. But at the age of 19, he dropped his studies midway and moved to China.
- Jerome Jarre stayed in China for about one year where he learned to speak English and Chinese. He launched multiple start-ups, of which only one became moderately successful. He used the money from the successful business to move to Toronto, Canada. There he co-founded the software company ‘Atendy’, along with Christopher Carmichael. After the failure of ‘Atendy’, he purchased a one-way ticket to New York with only $400 in his pockets.
Social Media Presence
- Instagram –User Name: jeromejarre – 622 posts, 1.8 m followers, 383 following
- Snapchat-User Name: @jeromejarre.
- Twitter– User Name: jeromejarre 18K tweets, 1356 photos/videos and 1.65M followers.
- YouTube: User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vine – the Beginning
- Jerome opened an account on Vine on the day the platform launched in 2013. Jarre first drew attention when he posted the video ‘Don’t be Afraid of Love’ in April 2013. By July 2013, Jarre had 20,000 followers on Vine. This video was also shown twice on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Since its upload, it has been viewed over 2.5 million times.
Vine – Humans
- In November 2013, Jarre opened a new account on Vine entitled ‘Humans’. There he posted videos of strangers with a standard question, “What is the most important message you would like to share with the world right now?”. Jarre had over 8.6 million followers and was the fourth most followed user on Vine when it shut down in early 2017.
- While in New York, Jarre co-founded the talent agency program GrapeStory along with Gary Vaynerchuk in May 2013. Its focus was on connecting Instagram, Snapchat, and Vine stars with brands looking for marketing content. By August 2013, GrapeStory had signed over twenty different social media stars.
- In 2015, Jarre came up with the Ugly Selfie Challenge urging people to post selfies with silly faces and nominate three more people to do the same. The result? Over 100,000 ugly-face selfies were posted on Instagram. Jarre also launched the campaign ‘Litre of Light’ on Instagram with a mission of promoting solar lights in rural Philippines, collecting over 150K likes.
- Jarre started out by posting two-minute story narratives on Snapchat. In July 2014, Jarre went outside the office of Snapchat and tweeted “Hey Snapchat, I am outside your office. Let me in if you see this”. Soon, Jarre was invited inside, where he shared a story with Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel. It is reported that Jarre now earns over $35,000 for one sponsored Snapchat video.
- When Jerome became aware of the famine in Somalia, he immediately contacted his celebrity friends, Ben Stiller and Casey Neistat, in order to help the famine victims. He created a “GoFundMePage” on Twitter and posted videos for supporting drought-affected people in Somalia. The tweets spread like wildfire and he was able to raise over $1.7M during the first four days.
- Jarre created his YouTube account in January 2012. He currently has over 1 million subscribers and more than 14.4 million lifetime views.
Jerome Jarre: A Red Carpet Host
- After the success of his first Vine video, Jerome was asked to cover the Red Carpet Ceremony of the 86th Academy Awards, where he became friends with high-profile celebrities. Jarre was later hired to cover the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. He was also one of the six jurors at the prestigious Tribeca Film Festival 2014.
Collaboration for Human Cause
- Jarre partnered with the American Refugee Committee (ARC) to form the ‘Love Army’ for humanitarian work. In September 2017, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation invited ‘Love Army’ at the United Nations General Assembly to attend an event called ‘Goalkeepers’, with the purpose to raise funds for Somalia. ‘Love Army’ now has a team of over 100 celebrities with a collective 1 Billion followers.
- In 2015, Jerome was given the “Shorty Award as the Best Snap Chatter”. Bill Gates appreciated Jarre by stating, “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those that empower others.”
Films & Television
- In 2014, Jarre appeared on the French TV programme ‘Le Grand Journal de Canal’. He made his big screen debut in 2016 as “Old and Lame Show Attendee” in the comedy film “Zoolander 2.” His next movie to be released is ‘Airplane Mode’. Jerome reportedly turned down a million dollar advertising contract with one of the biggest brands in the world because the ad clashed with his principles.
- Jerome Jarre’s net worth is estimated to be over $3 million.
Jerome Jarre’s Philosophy:
- In the words of Jarre, “We don’t want to become a big humanitarian organization, there is enough of that. We want unconditional gifts. We can give our time, we can give our creativity, we can give our voice, we can give our heart, and we can give our talent.”